Thursday, February 26, 2015

School Baking

On Monday the girls told me all they do is boring school like reading and writing. I asked them what they wanted to do and they said bake! So we did!!! We made gluten free, egg free, dairy free, chocolate chip cookie bars. They were yummy!!! We started mixing our ingredients together Then you have to push it into the pan. Then you have to pose with your pan with your sister and look freaking cute!!! Then when they're done baking, you cut them and put them on a plate and then pose again with your sister and the plate of cookie bars!!! And while all of this is going on, the 2 youngest unloaded all of the jam and then reloaded it several times. They only broke one jar so that's good! Due to Blake and PAyzlee's allergies, we now have to eat dairy free, egg free, pork free, beef free, and gluten free. I still allow the ones who can to have cheese and other dairy products like yogurt but I also get the yogurts that are safe for those who can't have dairy. I have learned SO MUCH about replacing certain things to make your dishes turn out almost the exact same or have the same taste. I have learned that it isn't "that big of a deal" to eat gluten free. It keeps my headaches and migraines at bay when I don't eat it except on occasion. We get a ton of our recipes from www.sarahbakesgfree.com I LOVE her recipes. They taste very normal for gluten free!

No comments:

Post a Comment