Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years goals

I'm not sure how I feel about New Year's resolutions. It's almost like they are made just to be broken. I hate that feeling don't you? I don't know many people who have succeeded in finishing 1 resolution let alone more then that. What is a resolution? A resolution is just a goal right? Shouldn't we be setting goals OFTEN and trying to KEEP them? Isn't that the point of a goal is to conquer it?! Shaun and I sat down and decided goals that we wanted to IMPROVE not just keep. From simple things like not losing our temper with the kids and eachother to time management. We decided on things that we do already but that we don't do often enough or well enough. I like the idea of having a goal to improve not just setting a brand new goal that I may or may not do. One thing I haven't been good with is working out. I have worked out in the summer quite frequently actually, but I haven't been as faithful as I would like to be. We aren't sure if we're done having kids or not. I feel very strongly that our family has at least 1 more child coming to us either by me or through adoption. I'm very passionate about adoption, but where we don't know which way that child will come, I've decided I want to have my body ready in case I do have another child. Then if I don't it's a plus for me I'll never have to lose baby weight again!!!! Don't get me wrong it's all worth it in the end holding that beautiful baby! This is something I want and need to do for myself. Shaun is going to sign me up at a gym the end of this month. I'm so excited I can't wait!!! I am soooo ready to shed the pounds and be skinny again!!! So here's to improving my goals!

1 comment:

  1. good luck sissy!!! i would work out with you if i could!! we have a new class at my gym that they teach you zumba. it's this crazy brazilian dancing stuff. it's so much fun but so exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete