Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Dental What?!

Yesterday was Payzlee's first surgery. She had to have a bunch of caps and or fillings done. She did GREAT! they ended up having to pull one of her molars as it had become infected. They stitched it up to make sure the hole stayed closed and then put her on antibiotics. She slept for a long long time afterwards, and when she finally woke up, she said, "mom! I took a nap!" I told her she was going to go to the hospital just to take a little nap. My heart felt comforted as I wasnt sure if she would understand what I was saying as she hasnt in the past. Usually when Payzlee wakes up from surgery she is very out of control. She is violent and screams so loud that I can hear her in the waiting room. She kicks and hits and within minutes, before parents are supposed to be back there, I am always brought back to help. Yesterday was different though. She woke up without even crying! She was so pleasant and sweet and kind. I couldn't help feeling like her reaction was my tender mercy. We had been told the wrong building to go and spent 20 min looking for the place so we were 30 min late and even after they called me, I still couldn't find the place. I ended up having to walk about a quarter of a mile to get to the correct place. I was mentally exhausted by the time I walked onto the surgery floor. But even as frustrated as I was, I could feel little Angels sticking with me and Payzlee with every move we made. Yesterday was very mentally and physically draining but it could not have gone smoother. For this I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment